One of the first things you learn in any statistics class is that correlation doesn’t imply causation. Nonetheless, it’s fun to consider the causal relationships one could infer from these correlations.
posted on April 11, 2013 at 8:56am EDT
1. Ice cream consumption leads to murder.
2. A pirate shortage caused global warming.
3. Living in a poor country increases penis size.
4. Eating organic food causes autism.
5. M. Night Shyamalan makes bad movies because people don’t buy newspapers.
6. Using Internet Explorer leads to murder.
7. Mexican lemon imports cause highway deaths.
8. Obesity caused the debt bubble.
9. Facebook caused the Greek debt crisis.
10. Facebook also cancelled out the cholesterol-lowering effects of Justin Bieber.